1. Basic Principle
Oh-Ebashi PLC & Partners (“we” or “our firm”) fully recognizes the importance of personal information, and handles personal information carefully and exerts efforts to ensure security thereof in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information as well as any other laws concerning the protection of personal information and relevant rules, and also paying attention to international trend therein.
2. Acquisition of Personal Information
We will acquire personal information by legitimate means.
3. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
- (1)Personal information acquired through legal consultation, cases or other similar occasions
We will use, jointly with attorneys who belong to our firm, personal information collected through legal consultation, cases or other similar occasions, as necessary to conduct business of our firm, including handling the cases or clerical matters relating thereto as requested by our clients, communicating clerical matters, invitation to lectures, seminars or the like, mailing of greeting cards, and responding to inquiries, to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
- (2)Personal information acquired through our website
We will use personal information collected through our website for the purposes of use described below, as the case may be, to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
- (i)In case of access to our website
- (ii)In case of use of inquiry forms for legal apprentices and persons who passed bar examination (including the application form for our firm’s presentation meeting for recruiting)
We will use information acquired from these forms for making necessary communication, questionnaire research concerning the choice of the legal profession, preferred place of work, or the like.
- (iii)In case of use of inquiry form for recruitment of attorneys and staff
We will use information acquired from these forms for making necessary communication, decisions relating to recruitment, or the like.
- (iv)In case of use of any other forms
We will use information acquired from these forms for making necessary communication, or the like.
4. Management of Personal Information
- (1) Appropriate Management of Personal Information
- We will manage and supervise personal information we hold as necessary and appropriate to prevent disclosure, tampering, loss, unauthorized access, unauthorized use or the like thereof. Also, we will supervise our employees as necessary and appropriate when they handle personal information.
- (2) Sharing of Personal Information
- We may share personal information among attorneys who belong to our firm to the extent necessary to achieve the relevant purpose of use. At such time, we will manage personal information and supervise the use thereof appropriately in accordance with the provisions and purposes of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other applicable laws.
- (3) Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
- We will not provide personal information to any third party without the prior consent of the concerned person, except that we may do so to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use in the case where we outsource our business to a third party, where our business is transferred, and where such provision is permitted by applicable laws.
When we outsource handling of personal information to a third party, we will obligate such third party to manage the provided personal information appropriately.
- (4) Request for Disclosure, Correction or the like
- We will sincerely respond to request for disclosure, correction, suspension of use, deletion or the like of personal information we hold, in accordance with the provisions and purposes of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other applicable laws, if such request is made by the person who is identified by such information.
In case of any inquiry concerning protection of personal information of our firm, please contact us by using the inquiry form below or by fax, to the following (we are not be able to respond to your inquiry by telephone).
Oh-Ebashi LPC & Partners, contact for inquiries concerning protection of personal information