Apart from addressing various issues concerning financial regulations, which arise incidentally in individual financial dealings, our firm also provides legal advice on various day-to-day compliance issues that financial institutions (such as banks, securities companies, trust and investment trust management companies) face.
We handle matters involving the interpretation or application of a large variety of laws and ordinances (such as the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act, the Banking Act, the Trust Business Act, the Investment Trust Act and the Money Lending Business Act), and provide a broad range of services ranging from individual and specific legal consultation to dealing with company-level needs including filings with, registrations at and obtaining permissions from the relevant authorities, reviewing annual reports as well as planning and reviewing internal policies and rules.
Our firm also follows, on a steady basis, the frequent amendments to these financial-related laws, regulations and ordinances, and timely provides our clients with these amendments as needed in various ways such as seminars, newsletters and individual communications.
Lawyers in charge of Financial Regulations
- Tomohiro Murakami
- Motoi Shimadera
- Seigo Takehira
- Keita Moriwaki
- Yuichi Urata
- Hiroshi Kuramochi
- Takuyuki Sakurai
- Kayoko Naito
- Tatsuki Otawa
- Shunta Doki
- Aya Hiraoka
- Ideal System to Secure Product Governance
- Key Points of Amendments to be Made to the Laws on Virtual Currency (Right to Transfer Cryptocurrency/Electronic Records) Based on the Proposed Amendments - Part 2: The Financial Instruments and Exchange Act -
- Key Points of Amendments to be Made to the Laws on Virtual Currency (Right to Transfer Cryptocurrency/Electronic Records) Based on the Proposed Amendments - Part 1: The Payment Services Act -
- 【Online Seminar】Indonesia Recover Stronger: Positive Signal for Investors & Key Legal Updates in Southeast Asia
- 【Onilne Seminar】Officials from the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry will Speak at the Seminar! Basic Practical Points of the Inward Direct Investment Examination System and the Examination Criteria Therefor
- 【Onilne Seminar: Video Streaming】Key Points in Examination and Preparation Relating to Lifting of the Ban on "Digital Salary Payment" - From the Viewpoints of Labor Law and the Fund Settlement Law -
- 【Onilne Seminar】 Key Points in Examination and Preparation Relating to Lifting of the Ban on "Digital Salary Payment" - From the Viewpoints of Labor Law and the Fund Settlement Law
- 【Online Seminar】Philippine Legal Practice Update ～ Ideas for Developing New Business in the Philippines ～
- 【Onilne Seminar】Series of M&A Legal Practice Seminars (12): Basics of M&A Investment Regulations through Comparison between Japan and the United States
- 【Onilne Seminar】Recent Trend in Fund Settlement Legislation: Focusing on Stablecoins and Issues Related Thereto
- 【Online Seminar: Video Streaming】Understanding Cashless Legislation in Preparation for the Lifting of the Ban on Digital Payment of Salaries.
- 【Online Seminar】Understanding Cashless Legislation in Preparation for the Lifting of the Ban on Digital Payment of Salaries.
- Practical key points of legal system of "Cashless and Payment Service Business" and "New Financial Service Intermediary Business" -With a focus on feasibility from the FinTech perspective -
- Characteristics of Limited Partnerships Established Overseas and Points to Note in Reviewing LP Agreements
- Thorough Understanding of "Financial Service Intermediary Business" and its Potential Use through Various Methods, such as Face-to-Face, Remote and the Like
- 【Online Seminar】Explanation of the Financial Services Intermediaries System and its Impact on the Independent Financial Advisor (IFA) Platform- In Light of the Potential Revision to the Principle of Customer Oriented Business Operations
- Important Issues in Business Legal Affairs in View of Latest Developments - Restrictions on Fund Companies under the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Important Issues in Business Legal Affairs in View of Latest Developments - FinTech and Legal Regulations - Payment Business and Virtual Currencies -
- Legal Regulations Concerning Crypto Assets (Virtual Currencies) Based on the Amendments in 2019 to the Payment Services Act
- Understanding the Fair Disclosure Rules and the Consequences Thereof for IR Practices in 90 Minutes -With a reference also to Cases of Penalties in the United States
- To Take Effect Soon: Summary of the Latest Information on Fair Disclosure Rules that Persons Engaged in Legal Affairs/IR Activities Should Know