Trade Remedies (Anti-Dumping, Countervailing Duties and Safeguards)
Although Japan has imposed trade remedy measures against overseas suppliers only in a handful of cases, records show that the authorities have become active in initiating investigations recently.
Among the cases mentioned above, Oh-Ebashi represented a foreign company before the investigating authority in the only countervailing duty investigation conducted by Japan.
We counsel clients in anti-dumping investigations done by both the Government of Japan and investigation authorities overseas to minimize the effect that such investigations may have on the clients' businesses. We have counsels who have substantial experience working in the Government of Japan in connection with trade negotiations, disputes and regulations, including anti-dumping, subsidies and safeguards. We also work for the Government of Japan in relation to trade remedies and WTO dispute settlement matters.
Lawyers in charge of Trade Remedies (Anti-Dumping, Countervailing Duties and Safeguards)
- Shiro Kuniya
- Shigetoshi (Toshi) Hirano
- Kazuhiro Kobayashi
- Ko Matsui
- Motonobu Wakabayashi
- Naoki Kondo
- Fumi Takatsuki
- Yoichiro Ono
- Ryo Matsumoto
- Ryuhei Mogi
- Takashi Koyama
- Qun Ji
- Shinya Nochioka
- International Legal Practice
- Research and Study Report on the WTO Appellate Body Report and Panel Report, "DS487:United States -- Conditional Tax Incentives for Large Civil Aircraft"
- WTO Case Review 2016 "European Communities - Definitive Anti-Dumping Measures on Certain Iron or Steel Fasteners from China - Recourse to Article 21.5 of the DSU by China (WT/DS397/RW, WD/DS397/AB/RW）"
- Latest WTO Case Law Analysis on Trade Remedies No.23: Permissibility of Disregarding Costs in Exporters' Records in Constructing Normal Value