Counsel Kayoko Naito
Daini Tokyo Bar Association, Japan Federation of Bar Associations (1985)
New York State Bar Association (1990)
Location ： Tokyo Office
Kayoko Naito has extensive knowledge and experience in the areas of the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act and financial transactions. Among other things, she has been involved in bank transactions including derivatives and loans, establishments of partnerships such as venture capitals and investment funds, and finance transactions relating to M&As including those overseas.
Besides, in response to the confidence of numerous domestic and overseas company clients, she provides advice on a broad range of issues relating not only to the Companies Act but also to shareholders’ general meetings and risk management.
Furthermore, with her experiences in cases on investments in Asian countries and the United States, she has deep expertise in the laws on investments and enterprises of Asian countries including but not limited to Vietnam.
She also contributes to educational activities by teaching a course on overseas investments at a law school in Japan and a class on business-related laws at unversities in Vietnam.
Education & Professional Experience
Oh-Ebashi LPC & Partners
Mitsui, Yasuda, Wani & Maeda
Davis Polk & Wardwell, New York
Hamada & Matsumoto
Columbia University School of Law (LL.M.)
Kyoto University (LL.B.)
Outside Director, Sojitz Corporation
Supervisory Officer, Tokyo Infra Energy Toshihojin
Member of the Japan-Mekong Business Cooperation Committee, Japan Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JCCI)
Lecturer, Ritsumeikan University School of Law
President, Research Institution of Laws of Asia-Pacific Regions(RILAP)
Vietnam Economic Reserch Institute
Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA)
- Best Practices of Forming Venture Capital Funds - A Commentary on the New Model Contract and the Market-Value Valuation Method
- Outline of the Sample Investment Limited Partnership Agreement (LPS) and the Significance Thereof
- The Newly Published Sample Investment Limited Partnership Agreement: An Amendment of the Former Model Agreement for Venture Capital Funds
- Commentary on Decree 102, Vietnamese Enterprise LawJournal of the Japanese Institute of International Business Law
- Paradigm Shift in the 20th Century
- American Business Law Series 3
- An Explanation of the Sample Investment Limited Partnership Agreement Revised Mainly for VC Funds
- Recent Legal Practices on Partnerships as Private Equity Funds - A Commentary on the Toshijigyo Yugensekinin Kumiai (an Investment Limited Partnership Formed in Japan) and Foreign Limited Partnerships
- Legal Practices concerning Foreign Investments: Joint Ventures, Acquisitions, Administration of Subsidiaries, etc.
- A Detailed Comparison of the Company Laws and Investment Laws of the Five Mekong Countries - Based on Recent Amendments Thereto
- Summary of the Amendments to the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act in 2015 (A Review of the Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investor, etc.)
- Recent Amendments and Important Judicial Precedents concerning the Regulations on Insider Trading
- Seminar on the Vietnamese Corporate Laws
- Myanmar Business Law Forum
- Outline of the Tokyo Pro Market
- Commentary on the Tokyo Pro Market
- Latest Practice of Limited Partnerships for Investment Funds under the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Practice of Overseas Limited Partnership Contracts and Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
Japanese and English