Partner Takashi Hirose
Daiichi Tokyo Bar Association, Japan Federation of Bar Associations (2007)
Location ： Tokyo Office
Mr. Takashi Hirose is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group of Oh-Ebashi LPC & Partners.
Mr. Hirose has drafted and advised on intellectual property licensing, joint development agreements and other business contracts including international transactions. Mr. Hirose has also dealt with intellectual property related litigations in several fields including pharmaceuticals, mechanical engineering and consumer products. In addition, Mr. Hirose has also dealt with forensic investigations and many complex litigations including high profile product liability cases and corporate litigations.
Mr. Hirose teaches a business law course as a part-time lecturer of Tokyo University of Foreign Studies.
Education & Professional Experience
Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP (New York Office)
Harvard Law School (LL.M.)
Corporate Research Department, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
The University of Tokyo
Member of the AIPPI Committee to Consider Agenda for 2022 Annual Meeting in San Francisco
Vice Chairman of the AIPPI Standing Committee on Commercialization of IP
Member of the AIPPI Standing Committee on Commercialization of IP
Lecturer, School of International and Area Studies, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies (Intellectual Property Laws)
- Information Compromised by a Cyber Attack! What is the Legal Responsibility of the Company?
- A comparison of trademark frameworks: Japan
- Practical Points of System Development as Suggested by the High Court Decision in Nomura HD and Nomura Securities v. IBM Japan
- 2021 Book Guide for Legal Affairs "Updates to Common Business Sense in Response to Changes in the Social Environment" -Business Law Journal, February 2021 Issue
- How to Proceed with Joint Research and Development and Legal Points to Note therein（Chapter 4: Section 1 "Points on Patent License Agreement and Way of thinking on Provisions"）
- Overview of corporate responsibilities for an important misstatement in a securities report due to fraudulent accounting
- 【Onilne Seminar】Life Science Practice Seminar No.4: Basic Points to Note in License Agreements for Life Science
- 【Onilne Seminar】Life Science Practice Seminar No.3: Points to Note Regarding Joint R&D Agreements in the Field of Life Sciences
- 【Onilne Seminar】Life Science Practice Seminar No.2: Legal Practice for Collection of Pharmaceutical Products, etc.
- 【Osaka】Risk Management & Compliance Seminar ⑥ Answers to Questions You are Hesitant to Ask: Legal Responsibility of a Listed Company for Accounting Fraud and Management of Third Party Committees
- 【Tokyo】Risk Management & Compliance Seminar ⑥ Answers to Questions You are Hesitant to Ask: Legal Responsibility of a Listed Company for Accounting Fraud and Management of Third Party Committees
- Important Issues in Business Legal Affairs in View of Latest Developments - Utilization of Intellectual Property (License)
- New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) International Section - Global Conference 2019 - Panel 11 Cross-Border Protection of Design
- 【Tokyo】Choice of Arbitration Rules and Drafting Arbitration Clauses in light of the Amendment of the Japan Commercial Arbitration Association (JCAA) Rules
- 【Tokyo】 International Corporate Counsels Association (INCA) - Product and Store Design Protection by Unfair Competition Prevention Act and Copyright Act -
- Recent Developments regarding the Doctrine of Equivalents in Japan, the United States and China
Japanese and English