Counsel Takashi Koyama
Tokyo Bar Association, Japan Federation of Bar Associations (1999)
New York State Bar Association (2007)
Japan Patent Attorneys Association (2007)
Location ： Tokyo Office
- International Practice
Education & Professional Experience
Director of the Intellectual Property Affairs Division, Economic Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Lead negotiator in the field of Intellectual Property for TPP/TPP11, Japan-EU・EPA, and RCEP negotiations
Wada & Watanabe （formerly: Abe & Matsutome）, Partner (2009-)
Ohtsuka Patent Office, P.C., Legal Counsel
Negotiator for Free Trade Agreements (FTAs)/Economic Partnership Agreements (EPAs) (particularly in the areas of intellectual property, investment and competition policy), Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Royal Holloway, University of London (MA in Hellenic Studies)
IPSI (Intellectual Property Summer Institute), NH, U.S.
Franklin Pierce Center for IP, University of New Hampshire NH, U.S. (formerly : Franklin Pierce Law Center)(LL.M. in Intellectual Property)
Osaka Honmachi Law Office (formally : Higa Law Office)
Legal Training and Research Institute, Supreme Court of Japan
Graduate School of Law, Kobe University (MA in Law)
Kobe University (BA in Law)
Deputy Secretary General, Japan International Dispute Resolution Center (JIDRC) (2021 to present)
Part-time lecturer, Kobe University Law school (2017 to present)
Part-time lecturer, Hitotsubashi University Graduate school of Law (2019)
Part-time lecturer, Kyushu University Graduate School for Law (2018 to 2019)
Working Group member for the development of teaching materials in English on management strategy exploiting intellectual property, commissioned by the Japan Patent Office (2015 to 2017).
Project team member regarding “Research for advanced regulations of Electronic Commerce in Economic Partnership Agreements (EPAs)”, commissioned by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (October 2014 to February 2015).
Working Group member for “Research and Study on the International Anti-patent Trend”, AIPPI ・JAPAN (September 2013 to February 2014)
Deputy Chairman, Working Group regarding “Research and Study on FTA/EPA negotiation strategies of Canada, New Zealand, Columbia and Turkey in the field of Intellectual Property”, commissioned by the the Japan Patent Office (June 2012 to February 2013) .
- Protection of Geographical Indications under the TPP and Japan-EU Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA)
- Reading of U.S. Supreme Court Cases: Commentary on Intellectual Property and Business Cases in the 21st Century
- Indirect Expropriation, Fair and Equitable Treatment Obligations, and Valuation Standards and Methods of Damages under CAFTA
- The investment treaty arbitration decision finding that (i) the change of tax scheme after the investments and demands to hire a given level of nationals did not constitute a breach of the Fair and Equitable Treatment (FET) obligations and that (ii) a breach of contract by the central bank constituted a breach of the ‘expanded’ FET obligations imported through the MFN clause.
- Dictionary of Contract Terms
- Negotiations regarding Intellectual Property in Economic Partnership Agreements (EPAs),  - 
- Impact of the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP) on Areas of Intellectual Property
- Innovation in Countries in Economic Partnerships as well as the Current Situation and the Prospects for IP Systems
- Negotiations regarding Intellectual Property in Economic Partnership Agreements (EPAs) of Japan
Japanese and English