Partner Daisuke Mure
Osaka Bar Association, Japan Federation of Bar Associations (2000)
New York State Bar Association (2008)
Location ： Osaka Office and Nagoya Office
Mr. Mure has an expertise in complicated and wide-ranging employment laws and regulations, and provides consulting services on personnel and employment issues to client-companies in all industries and of all sizes.
Mr. Mure has represented clients in various court proceedings such as litigation, provisional disposition proceedings and labor dispute adjudication proceedings, as well as proceedings before the Labor Relations Commission including claims seeking an order for relief.
Mr. Mure is also very experienced in providing services in highly unique and specialized areas of employment law, and have accumulated the needed knowhow relevant thereto, such as collective bargaining with non-company based unions, investigations by the Labor Standards Office (such as an investigation for unpaid overtime or application for approval as an industrial accident), mediation before the prefectural labor bureau, and pension plans.
Mr. Mure has been admitted to the New York bar after completing post-graduate studies in the United States, and can provide legal services in English. He has a wealth of experience in handling global employment issues, and provides legal services to foreign-affiliated companies developing their business in Japan as well as Japanese companies who want to develop their business globally.
Major Cases Handled
・Claim for payment of Welfare Pension against Matsushita Electric Industries (currently, Panasonic) (2003-2010)
・Petition for acceptance of final appeal seeking confirmation of an employee status against Panasonic Plasma Display (2009)
・Unfair labor practice case of an electrical appliance manufacturer (2013)
・Unfair labor practice case of a manufacturer (2013)
・Case regarding the Act Concerning the Stabilization of Employment of Elderly Persons involving a major manufacturer (2013)
・Sexual harassment case of an IT and media-related company (2014)
・Claim seeking confirmation of an employee status against a manufacturer relating to mental health (2015)
・Claim for payment of overtime against a restaurant chain relating to the qualification as a manager (2015)
・Claim for seeking confirmation of an employee status against a pharmaceutical company relating to dismissal (2016)
・Unfair labor practice case of a major wholesaler (2018)
Education & Professional Experience
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP （Philadelphia Office）
University of Michigan Law School (LL.M.)
The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
Adjunct Instructor, Kyushu University, LLM, Employment Law
-Japan Labor Law Association
-Management Lawyers Council
-International Bar Association（IBA）
- Journal of management Lawyers Council No. 203 "Report of the 11th Conference for the Yearly Review of Important Court Decisions"
- International Legal Practice
- Anti-Monopoly Law Issues that HR Persons Should Note – Prompted by the Study of U.S. and Japanese Competition Authorities
- The Latest Movement on Maternity Harassment
- Lawyers Guide - Labor/Tax edition A Supplementary Volume to Business Law Journal No.113 (August 2017)
- Business Homu Vol.15 No.1 "Model Provisions of Employment Rules - Leave of Absence, Reinstatement and Stress Check"
- Legal Consultation on Employment Contracts of Companies (Revised Edition) - Chapter 5: Wages, Bonuses and Retirement Allowances
- NBL No. 1023 "The Analysis on the Supreme Court Case (Toshiba, Depression・Dismissal, March 24th, 2014)"
- 2021.05.13 ～2021.07.02
- 【Online Seminar: Video Streaming】Review in 30 Minutes! Labor Law Series: 7 Questions on Telecommuting - Follow-up on Basic Matters Concerning Telecommuting (Working from Home)
- 【Nagoya】Practical Measures in Light of the Supreme Court Decisions in the Nagasawa Unyu Case and Hamakyorex Case -- Specific Steps for Reviewing and Amending Wage Systems and Allowances
- 【Tokyo】Practical Measures in Light of the Supreme Court Decisions in the Nagasawa Unyu Case and Hamakyorex Case -- Specific Steps for Reviewing and Amending Wage Systems and Allowances
- 【Osaka】Practical Measures in Light of the Supreme Court Decisions in the Nagasawa Unyu Case and Hamakyorex Case -- Specific Steps for Reviewing and Amending Wage Systems and Allowances
- The Supreme Court's First Decision on "Equal Pay for Equal Work" -- Impacts of the Supreme Court Decision and Actions to be Taken
- Legal Issues under Korea's New Administration - Particularly on Labor Law, and the Improper Solicitation and Graft Act (the Kim Young-ran Act)
- Business in the United States - Comparison of Key Points in Employment Laws of Various States
- The latest practices in handling workplace harassment such as "maternity harassment," and a commentary on examples thereof
- The Legal and Practical Issues and the Recent Trial Cases relating to the Article 20 of the Labor Contract Act
- the Basic knowledge and the practical points on the management of working hour and overtime payment
- The Recent Disputes and Legal Issues relating to Secondment, Reassignment and Transfer of Employees
Japanese and English