Partner Yuichi Urata
Osaka Bar Association, Japan Federation of Bar Associations (2007)
New York (2014)
Location ： Osaka Office
Based in Osaka, Yuichi Urata is a corporate M&A lawyer, with particular expertise in public takeovers, securities regulations, shareholders’ meeting, shareholder activism, and private equity and venture capital investments. He advises listed and non-listed companies on complex and strategic corporate transactions, both internationally and domestically.
He also assists his clients with employment aspects of commercial transactions, employment advice, investigations, litigation and pensions.
Yuichi has strong sector experience in nursing care, infrastructure, energy, real estate and asbestos.
Education & Professional Experience
2013 - 2014
Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP (New York)
Columbia Law School（LL.M.）
Hitotsubashi University School of Law (J.D.)
The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- M&A Law Guide 2021 Jurisdiction:Japan
- M&A Law Guide 2020 Jurisdiction:Japan
- Points to Note in Preparing Annual Reports and Audit Reports for Ordinary General Meetings of Shareholders in 2017
- Things to Know Now: Points to Note in the Practice concerning ‘Controlling Shareholder's Call Option of Minority's Shares'
- A Compact Commentary on the Companies Act 3: Company Auditors, Audit Committee Members and Audit and Supervisory Committee Members
- The Next Step In Creating a Culture of Risk Avoidance: Avoid the Creation of Harmful Internal Documents
- 【Online Seminar】Recent Trends in Hostile Takeovers - Case Studies and a Discussion of the Issues
- 【Onilne Seminar】Series of M&A Legal Practice Seminars (4): Legal Practice Regarding Shareholders Agreements and Joint Venture Agreements - Looking ahead toward Enforcement of Obligations and Cases Involving Listed Companies
- 【Onilne Seminar】Series of Seminars on Latest Court Decisions (2): Latest Court Decisions on Takeover Defense Measures (Cases of NIPPO LTD. and Japan Asia Group Limited)
- 【Online Seminar】Compliance Practice under the Amended Companies Act of 2019 Based on the Amended Order of the Ministry of Justice (Part 1)
- Key Points in M&A - Learning from Disputes
- 【Nagoya】Practices to Cope with Activist Shareholders - "Making Necessary Preparation under Normal Circumstances in View of Possible Emergency Actions (If You Want Peace, Prepare for War)"
- 【Tokyo】Practices to Cope with Activist Shareholders - "Making Necessary Preparation under Normal Circumstances in View of Possible Emergency Actions (If You Want Peace, Prepare for War)"
- 【Osaka】Practices to Cope with Activist Shareholders - "Making Necessary Preparation under Normal Circumstances in View of Possible Emergency Actions (If You Want Peace, Prepare for War)"
- Venture Investment by Business Companies
- Guest Lecturer at "Mergers and Acquisitions Law" course in Doshisha Law School (Fall Semester, 2016)
- Seminar on the Corporate Governance Code - Best Practices for Complying with the Corporate Governance Code
Japanese and English